Bagnet Kare-Kare Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp annato seeds (atsuete)
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut sauce (ground peanuts)
- 4 pcs sting beans (sitaw), sliced and blanched
- 4 pcs pechay, sliced and blanched
- 2 pcs eggplant, sliced and blanched
How To Cook Bagnet Kare-Kare:
- Heat water until it boils. Add annato seeds and peanut sauce (others use creamy peanut butter) then stir until completely mixed.
- Add String Beans, Pechay, and Eggplant.
- Top kare-kare sauce with freshly cooked crispy Bagnet (see easy recipe here: Ilocos Bagnet Recipe).
- Serve with your favorite Bagoong.
Image Credit: spot.ph