Perfect for a sophisticated yet easy to make breakfast spreading; Egg Salad will surely satisfy your on-the-go breakfasts. A different stir from the more expensive spreads such as chicken, tuna and ham, egg salad is not only cheaper but healthier as well! Plus, you can eat egg salad all on its own.
Although most recipe calls for white onions, this recipe requires red ones. The strong taste of red sweet onions really balances out the overwhelming taste of mayonnaise. Check the recipe here and start preparing your own!
Egg Salad Ingredients:
- 8 (10–minute) hard boiled eggs (11 Minutes out of refrigerator)
- ½ cup red sweet onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh basil (cut into strips)
How To Cook Egg Salad:
- After boiling eggs, chill in ice water for 5 minutes.
- Peel off the shells.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve on bread or toast.
Image Credit: newsnish.com