- 1 – 1/2 cups grated cassava
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bundle of pandan leaves, boiled in 2 cups water until reduced to one cup, and cooled (alternate: canned pandan concentrate or a few drops of pandan essence in a cup of warm water)
- 1/2 tsp lye water (lihiya)
- grated coconut (for topping)
- food coloring (optional)
How To Cook Pichi-Pichi:
- Mix the sugar and the pandan flavored water and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the cassava and then add the lye water, drop by drop, with continuous mixing.
- Pour into a mold or bowl that fits your bamboo steamer.
- Steam until the mixture becomes translucent.
- While still hot, scoop out the cooked mixture (use ice cream scoop or a tablespoon the same size as the scoop) then roll into grated coconut.
Image Credit: angsarap.net