- 1/2 kg pork heart
- 1/2 kg pork lungs
- 300g pork fat, skin on
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp siling labuyo or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp annatto powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 knot pandan leaves
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1 cup pork stock
- fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil
- green chili pepper for garnish
- 4-5 big bell peppers
How To Cook Bopis:
- In large frying pan, add pork fat, heart and lungs, lemongrass, pandan leaves, 1 cup of vinegar, 1 tbsp salt and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat, let it cool then dice the meat finely. Set aside.
- In a heavy pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the chopped meat, cayenne pepper and bay leaves, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, 1 cup of vinegar and stock, bring to a boil and simmer in high heat until sauce thickens.
- Add more vinegar if you want it more sour.
- Add annatto powder mixture then season with fish sauce and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then place in big bell peppers and garnish with green chili pepper. Serve with hot rice.
Image Credit: stalkerville.net