Chicken Hinalog Ingredients:
- 1 kg fresh whole chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 brown onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 thumb – size fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh calamansi juice
- ¾ liter chicken stock
- Chili leaves
How To Cook Chicken Hinalog:
- Clean and prepare the chicken, cut into small pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice onions and tomatoes, cut the ginger into julienne strips and crush the garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté the ginger and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the soya, calamansi juice and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly for 2 minutes; add the chili leaves.
- Lower the heat, place a tightly fitting lid on the pan and simmer gently until chicken is tender.
- Remove chili leaves before serving.
Image Credit: greatrecipesbyinang.wordpress.com