Chicken Tinola Ingredients:
- 1 chicken (1 kg)
- 3 potatoes, quartered or 2 cups quartered upo or sayote
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger strips
- 2 tbsp patis
- 1 tsp vetsin
- 4-5 cups rice water
- 1/2 cup young sili leaves
How To Cook Chicken Tinola:
- Clean and cut chicken into small serving pieces.
- Saute’ garlic and ginger until brown. Add onion.
- When wilted, add chicken. Stir for 3 minutes, pour in patis.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then, add 1 cup rice water. Cover and let simmer.
- When chicken is half done, add potatoes.
- Pour in the remaining rice water.
- Cover and simmer until chicken and potatoes are done.
- Lastly, add vetsin and sili leaves. Let boil for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Image Credit: turoturo.co.nz