Chowking has been serving students and people with jobs far away from home, Filipino-chinese style home cooked meals the fast way. One of their favorites and wallet saviors is their Chao Fan.
With savory flavors by either chicken or beef and adding that extra crunch and freshness of vegetables, Chowking’s Chao Fan has been battling for the number 1 spot for fried rice in Filipinos hearts. Wanna know the secret ingredients and steps for the perfect Chowking Style Chao Fan? Check the recipe here!
Chowking Chao Fan Ingredients:
- 6-8 cups Cooked Rice
- 1/4 cup Choice of Meat (ground beef, ground chicken meat, or finely chopped breakfast sausage)
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 medium Onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized Bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Carrots, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Cook Chowking Chao Fan:
- On a skillet, saute finely chopped garlic in oil until golden brown. Make sure that your fire is set to medium heat.
- Add finely chopped onion and stir until translucent.
- Add your meat of choice (beef or chicken or chopped sausage) and stir occasionally until cooked.
- Put chopped bell pepper and carrots, salt and pepper and continue stirring.
- Add chili powder and curry powder and mix until evenly distributed.
- Add your cooked rice and mix until slightly brown.
- Add beaten eggs and stir until it becomes completely distributed and cooked.
- Stir in your green onion right before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!
Image Credit: liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com