Moms, mothers, mommies, nanays, inays, and ilaw ng mga tahanan, vegetable problems with kids are always a problem, right? Well, what if we told you there’s a very cheap, unique and very delicious way to get your kids to eat vegetables – specifically eggplants.
Eggplant steak is a very simple dish that can be cooked just by using ingredients that you can find around the house. Your kids will surely love this! Don’t worry for the “non-parents”, you can also enjoy this as your comfort food while snuggled up under a blanket. Check this recipe now!
Eggplant Steak Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg eggplant (talong) – sliced
- 1 large onion – 1/2 sliced into rings, 1/2 minced
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
How to Cook Eggplant Steak:
- Saute minced onions and garlic.
- Add eggplant and cook in low-medium heat until eggplant is slightly soft
- Add soy sauce and lemon/calamansi juice. Continue heating until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put fresh onion rings on top.
Image Credit: wheatfreemeatfree.com