Homemade Taho Ingredients:
- 330 g extra soft tofu
- 1/2 cup uncooked tapioca pearl (sago)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5-6 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- water for boiling sago
How To Cook Homemade Taho:
- Place sago in boiling water and cook until transparent.
- Stir constantly to avoid sticking to the pan. When sago is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Place the brown sugar in a saucepan and allow to caramelize over low heat.
- When sugar caramelizes, pour in water, vanilla essence, and stir well until dissolved. Turn off heat. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Place the extra soft tofu in a preheated pan. Allow it to sit over medium low heat until some extra water cooks off and tofu is warm.
- Alternatively, put extra tofu in mug and heat in oven until warm.
- When tofu is warm, top it with cooked tapioca pearl and caramelized brown sugar. Add more to sweeten.
- Slightly stir and serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
Image Credit: angsarap.net