Bulacan has been known for historical events and special Filipino recipes. One of their all-time Filipino favorites is their leche flan. Bulacan-style leche flan uses dayap rind in it, giving it that distinct balance in tanginess and sweetness.
Leche flan is often served during special occasions in the Philippines such as Christmas Eve, New Year’s, fiesas and birthday parties. So, why not awe everyone with your own Bulacan style leche flan and brag about supposedly driving all the way down to Bulacan to get them? Check the recipe down here!
Leche Flan (Bulacan-Style) Ingredients:
- 12 pcs egg yolks
- 1 ½ can condensed milk
- 1 ½ can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsps dayap rind
- ½ cup caramelized sugar ( ¾ cup sugar boiled in ½ cup sugar)
How To Cook Leche Flan (Bulacan-Style):
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add the milk, sugar and dayap rind. Mix thoroughly.
- Strain the resulting mixture to make it fine; set aside.
- Pour caramelized sugar in a molder (llanera) then pour in the egg yolk mixture.
- Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour until set.
- Remove from molder (llanera) to serve.
Image Credit: pinterest.com