Deep fried liempo has been one of the must have dishes in the Filipino cuisines. But unfortunately, not only is it expensive, it is extremely unhealthy for your cholesterol count and can give you diabetes because of some soft-drink-requiring recipes.
Big words, we know. But how about focus on this: this Pinalagtob na Liempo recipe is healthier and cheaper! No soft drink required or any fancy spices, only the good ol’ fish sauce, bay leaves and leeks and you’re good to go! Try this recipe here!
Pinalagtob Na Liempo Ingredients:
- 2 kg For liempo
- 1 thumb- size ginger
- 1 head garlic
- 2 stalks leeks
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- Cooking oil, for the deep – frying
- Water for boiling
How To Cook Pinalagtob Na Liempo:
- Place the pork liempo in a pot. Fill with water. Add the ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Allow to boil until the liempo becomes soft.
- Hang the pork liempo to dry.
- When dry, deep- fry in cooking oil until crisp.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Chop into smaller pieces before serving.
Image Credit: pinterest.com