A different twist from your regular Tinola and an unrecognized Filipino classic, Pinatisang Manok is something that you should definitely try at home. A recipe that will make your friends beg for the secret ingredient and something that is easy enough to make in less than an hour!
Like Tinola, the key ingredients are chicken and patis. The only thing that separates it from Tinola is that you have to marinate it in the fish sauce and other ingredients for 30 minutes. You don’t even have to move half the preparation time. Check the 4 easy steps here!
Pinatisang Manok Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg chicken, cut to pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp whole black pepper
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
How to Cook Pinatisang Manok:
- Marinate chicken with the onion, ginger, garlic, pepper, bay leaf, and fish sauce. Let it settle for at least 30 mins.
- Saute chicken in a pan for 10 min over low-medium heat.
- Add the rest of the marinade and continue to cook until chicken is tender.
Image Credit: knorr.com.ph