Pork Embutido Ingredients:
- 400 g ground pork / pork kasim strips then pounded (babayuhin)
- 2 raw eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 4 pieces whole hotdog
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 head garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter
- Ketchup for sauce
- Parsley for garnish
For Special Embutido Sauce:
- tomato sauce
- slurry (corn starch & water)
How To Cook Pork Embutido:
- In a large bowl, combined all the ingredients except for the hard boiled eggs and hotdog. Mix well, until blended.
- Spread half of the mixture in an aluminum foil.
- Arrange the hotdog and hard boiled eggs on top.
- Roll the mixture. Roll tightly and wrap in aluminum foil, seal both ends.
- Place the roll in a steamer for one hour. Chill.
- Remove from wrapping before serving, serve with ketchup or special sauce. Garnish with parsley. (You can also fry if you want)
Image Credit: friendzeeyfood.wordpress.com