Seafood in Coconut Cream Ingredients:
- ¼ kg tuna fillet
- ¼ kg baby prawns, peeled
- ¼ kg white squids rings
- 2 cups singkamas (local white turnip) diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 10 bird’s eye chili, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 stalks lemon grass, leaves tied and root bulb crushed
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups coconut cream (first extract or kakang gata)
- ½ cup cornstarch slurry (4 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 5 tbsp water)
- Salt to taste pepper to taste chili powder to taste
How To Cook Seafood in Coconut Cream:
- Blanch all the seafood then set aside.
- In a small skillet, place singkamas, bell pepper, bird’s eye chili ginger, onion lemon grass and coconut cream to cook with thick coconut cream.
- Allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly so that the coconut cream will not curdle.
- Add in the tuna, prawns and white squid.
- Allow to simmer some more.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
- Pour in the cornstarch slurry. This will thicken the sauce and give it a sheen. Serve hot.
Image Credit: lyukum.net