Special Ramen Ingredients:
- 300g fresh ramen noodles
- 250g pork belly, sliced 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks leeks, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chili Bean Paste (Doubanjiang)
- 1 package dried bonito flakes
For the Seasonings:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp japanese miso
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
For the Toppings:
- 6 shrimps, peeled and deveined (+ 1 tbsp sake for boiling)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup slices of narutomaki
- 1 package nori
How To Cook Special Ramen:
- In a medium saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic when oil is hot.
- When fragrant, add chili bean paste and stir.
- Add the meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Using fine sieve, strain out scum if necessary.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add miso and soy sauce in the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped green onions and rice vinegar. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Prepare toppings. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp sake and shrimp. Once the shrimp starts changing color, turn off the heat and cover to let the remaining heat cook the shrimp. Drain and set aside.
- For the noodles, cook in boiling water. When done, drain completely and place in ice cold water. Divide the noodles on plates/bowls. Serve all the toppings on the noodles or on a separate plate.
- Pour the hot soup in a bowl. Serve the cold noodles, toppings, and soup and sprinkle bonito flakes in the soup right before eating.
Image Credit: afoodieworld.com