Suam Na Mais Ingredients:
- 1 cup grated corn
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken meat, cooked the chopped
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 pechay leaf, minced
- 1 mustard leaf (mustasa), minced
- ½ tbsp minced bacon
- 1 head garlic, fried
How To Cook Suam Na Mais:
- Fry the bacon until it oozes oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Allow to simmer a little.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the flour in milk. Pour into the simmering broth. String and allow to simmer some more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the corn, followed by the chicken meat, pechay and mustard leaves; stir.
- Allow to boil for a few more minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- When serving, top with butter and fried garlic.
Image Credit: giddychiq.com