Tom Yum Soup Ingredients:
- 800 ml chicken broth (stock)
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thumb sized ginger galangal or ginger, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, wedges
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 red chilis, sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 can straw mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 500g large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 stalk spring onions, sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
How To Cook Tom Yum Soup:
- Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, tomatoes, tamarind paste and chilis. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice, spring onions, and cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Image Credit: theheartthrills.wordpress.com